Asset Wealth Preservation
Asset Wealth Preservation

Make decisions on behalf of someone

Court of Protection Help

You can apply to help someone who ‘lacks mental capacity’ - they can’t make a decision at the time it needs to be made because of a mental impairment. They may still be able to make other decisions or make decisions with your help.

People may lack mental capacity because, for example:

  • they’ve had a serious brain injury or illness
  • they have dementia
  • they have severe learning disabilities

There are ways to help someone with a specific decision or in the long term.


You can help someone with their financial affairs or their personal welfare on a long-term basis if you:

  • were nominated to be their ‘attorney’ when they made a lasting power of attorney (LPA) or enduring power of attorney (EPA)
  • apply to the Court of Protection to become a deputy when they lose their mental capacity

For more advice, contact Paul Humphreys on 01691 652233




























court of protection/Oswestry/court of protection help in Oswestry/Deputyship/Deputyship help in Oswestry/Deputy Oswestry/ court of protection Oswestry/ help registering a power of attorney in Oswestry

Asset Wealth Preservation Limited

10 West Street 


SY11 2BS


Tel: 01691 652233

Mob. 07711136660



Or use our contact form.

Home /HOSPITAL/   OFFICE visits available 9am - 9pm

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Asset Wealth Preservation